Maple Muffin With Berries & CheeseMay 25, 2015
Baking therapy: Suffering from Monday blues and need an instant morning pick-me-upper to kickstart the work week? Then this muffin recipe is for you.
Mondays don't need to be blue if you start them with a warm batch of muffins. These berry maple muffins with cheese take almost no effort to make, and are prepared incredibly fast.
In this month alone, I've made two batches of the muffins before heading to work. All I do is wake up 30 minutes earlier to mix the ingredients, and let them bake for another 25 minutes while I get ready for work. Yes, that's how quick and easy they are!
When I first discovered and baked these muffins, I couldn't contain my ranting on Instagram as they taste 50 times as good as the amount of effort it takes to make.
The incorporation of maple syrup is pure genius - it's like pancakes-on-the-go, pre-infused with maple syrup. Along with the addition of berries and cheese, which are two of my favourite things, this is a recipe that calls to my heart and taste buds. The muffins are are fluffy, moist and not too sweet. Great even for non-dessert lovers.
For chasing away Monday blues, or a weekend breakfast in bed, please try out this recipe! These muffins are loving hugs full of maple, cheesy, and berry flavours.
BERRY MAPLE MUFFIN WITH CHEESE
Source: Hokuoh Kurashi
Source: Hokuoh Kurashi
Equipment: 7cm muffin cups
Time: 15 min active time + 25 min baking time
[For Dry Ingredients]
180g of Cake Flour
1.5 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
A pinch of Salt
[For Wet Ingredients]
75g of Maple Syrup
105g of Soy Milk
60g of Vegetable Oil
[For Toppings and Fillings]
5 Strawberries, diced
2 Strawberries, slice into quarters for topping
50-80g of Shredded cheese (Choose your desired level)
1. Mix the cake flour, baking powder, and salt with a whisk
2. Beat the soy milk, maple syrup, and vegetable oil with a whisk until it is thoroughly combined
3. Combine dry and wet ingredients with a whisk to form your muffin batter base.
4. Add the shredded cheese and diced strawberries and fold into the muffin batter with a spatula
5. Scoop a ladle of the muffin base into muffin cups (using an ice cream scooper will make it easier to get even portions, and creates less mess!)
6. Top with the sliced strawberries and sprinkle on a bit more shredded cheese
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 170℃ for 25min.
Now it's done! Itadakimasu!